Doctor’s Best MSM (methylsulfonylmethane) is an excellent dietary source of bioavailable organic sulfur, a natural compound that is crucial in supporting overall joint health, flexibility and mobility. MSM occurs naturally in the human body and also in some foods.
Why Doctor’s Best MSM powder?
- Sulfur is a key nutrient that is needed to support connective tissue health, especially those that contain a significant amount of collagen and keratin such as skin, hair and nails.
- It is essential in methionine and cysteine metabolism.
- MSM has antioxidant properties which supports against the effects of free radicals and immune function.
- Supports joint health, joint function and healthy cartilage.
- Doctor’s Best MSM powder is Kosher and Halal certified, non-GMO, gluten-free, and vegan.
MSM manufacturing magic
The amount of MSM found naturally in living materials can be too small to be extracted, so the MSM that is used for dietary supplements is usually manufactured.
Doctor’s Best MSM uses OptiMSM®, a highly purified form of MSM, (99.9% pure). The makers of OptiMSM® (Bergstrom Nutrition), developed a four-stage process to separate impurities including heavy metals and other contaminants from OptiMSM®. Each batch exceeds the United States Pharmacopeia (USP) monograph standards for MSM, ensuring optimal purity, quality, and consistency and is validated by third-party testing.
Other commercially available MSM uses crystallization to isolate the MSM molecule. As this crystallized material cools, occlusions can develop that trap contaminants within the MSM and lead to material that may contain heavy metals, residual water, and other impurities. It is made exclusively in the USA and manufactured in a single purpose cGMP-certified, ISO-registered facility to help provide essential traceability.
OptiMSM® is backed by extensive research.
About Doctor’s Best
Doctor’s Best creates vitamins and supplements using science-based techniques that combine natural ingredients using thoroughly researched and tested methods. Doctor’s Best is committed to transparency and education, and uses only certified cGMP facilities to ensure the highest quality standards are met.